iaedp™ Symposium 2019
Instilling Passion into Treatment and Recovery
Rekindle your passion as a clinician and help your patients transfer the passion they have for their eating disorder to life affirming recovery
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Palm Desert, CA
February 7 – 10, 2019
Call for Proposals
iaedp™ Symposium 2019's program is being created by a group of professionals like you who work in therapeutic settings with patients. It is our goal to provide an exciting, quality program that is applicable to your needs when working with patients.
Another goal, however, has to do with your experience at the conference. We select locations that provide a vacation-like experience. As part of registration, we offer breakfasts, lunches and parties at the end of learning days that allow you to reconnect with colleagues to relax and network. The JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa features two golf courses, a wellness spa and incredible on-site dining options. The stunning grounds boast waterways that can be traversed by gondola boats and a charming flamingo island, complete with lounging flamingoes. The property also has numerous tennis courts, five resort-style pools and numerous other fitness amenities. The Palm Desert spa resort features a vast 38,000-square-foot facility with 48 treatment rooms, salon, bistro, VIP suite, fitness facility and saltwater pool. An extensive treatment menu incorporates ancient healing methods and exotic ingredients from locally grown citrus and dates. Each hotel room and suite is well-appointed with large, upgraded bathrooms and modern conveniences. Accommodations also feature mini-refrigerators, ample workstations and floor-to-ceiling windows. Make your plans to leave the rest of the world behind! Join us at iaedp™ Symposium 2019 for another exciting program in a luxurious setting.
Individuals are limited to submitting a maximum of two proposals as either a presenter or as a co-presenter. Multiple proposals may impact the review process as well as your chances at selection for presenting at the iaedp symposium. Also, submitters must use the correct email address for each presenter at the time of submission.
Steps and Instructions
You will be required to submit the following information:
1. Proposal Title
- The title of the Proposal (enter in title case, capitalizing only the first letter in each word.)
- Your email address, you will be sent an automatic email once the first step is submitted, with a link back to your submission.
- The category that best suits your proposal
- Methods: Didactic, Experiential, Combination of didactic and experiential or Other
- Brochure Description (In 100 words or less and in sentence case).
- Has this workshop been presented before? If so, where and when?
- Have you presented at an iaedp symposium before? If so, where and when?
- Three (3) behaviorally measurable learning objectives.
- Three (3) references from journals or books published in the last 5 years, which are relevant to the effectiveness of the program content. No self-referencing please.
- Affirmation that you understand that if your presentation is accepted, you must register for the iaedp Symposium, that your picture will be used for any/all promotion materials, and that your proposal will not be considered if the required documentation is not complete and/or if it is received after the submission deadline. You understand and give permission for your presentation to be recorded (audio). These recordings become the sole property of iaedp . You understand that they may be used for online educational purposes in the future.
- Names, degrees, licenses, current affiliations, CVs, contact information, and a recent professional photograph in electronic format (jpeg).
- All Primary Presenters and Co-presenters are required to complete a CME Disclosure form.
4. Content Outline
- Your Content Outline must be 350 words or less. You may coompose, or copy and paste your Content Outline in the form. Alternately, you may upload the Content Outline as an HTML file.
5. Proposal Abstract
- Your Proposal Abstract must be 350 words or less, describing presentation ideas, themes, and goals.
- Enter 14 questions that can be answered by workshop participants upon conclusion of presentation. You must enter the following to complete your proposal submission:
- 7 questions with True/False answers, with the correct answer identified.
- 7 questions with 4 multiple choice answers, with the correct answer identified.
- Click here to view a sample of a completed Questions and Answers form (opens in a popup window)
- Submitter will receive an automatic e-mail confirming that the proposal was submitted.
- Submitters will be automatically e-mailed a unique ID number and password.
- Proposals may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID number and password.
- No incomplete submittals will be considered.
- Please allow 60 days after abstract site closing for submission decisions.